paradoxicalmouth

Glimpse of my real self.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 5 - Did I Shine in the Battleground?

Today, I helped out for the Wesak preparation at the Brickfields Buddhist Maha Vihara to accompany my friend. And, although I have done this several times, I was more worried this time, just because I am no longer stepping into a temple, but I was stepping into a battleground. People around me have been living in a world much different from the one that I have just discovered. People who are not of my family. Was I able to shine bright enough there? Will I find this out?

I did many chores, many of which include some form of physical exertion, but some requiring me to just sit down and take in the scene. But one thing was for sure: I was happy there. Because I felt useful. I felt like I actually made a difference there. But was I shining bright enough there? Will I find this out?

It makes me think about the possibility of saving the thousands of people around me. Null? Low? Impossible? Will I find these out?

7 hours of hard labor. When I had 7 more days to change my own life and others' around me.

I want to write down these names so that I won't forget them:

1. Nicole, Sue Sen
2. Yun Fong ( Hope I got the spelling and name right...)


I MISS MY FAMILY SO MUCH. I MISS THOSE WHO LEFT IT, I MISS THOSE WHO ARE JUST NOT IN TOUCH, I MISS THOSE WHO ARE JUST AWAY.

Oh, and can I ask you readers one question? I assume that you don't mind me asking because you actually read everything I wrote until this line. You might have to take your time to answer this question, but I hopefully ask that you answer this question, and answer this question on a serious note. The question that I want to ask is this:

Is it worth getting stabbed on purpose for a friend to be saved and restored to righteousness?

Seriously. Please think about it. And use the tagboard on your right on leave a comment. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home